Search & Selection Process
“THOROUGH SEARCH… PERFECT FIT”
With Sales Search International as your IT sales headhunter and partner, no stone will be left unturned in the quest for the optimal executive to fit your company and your culture. Each candidate is taken through a battery of interviews and assessments so that you are presented with the most qualified executive talent available. We appreciate that hiring an executive to lead your company requires more than a high I.Q.-it requires a unique skills set. Each company is as unique as each individual. We assess not just their accomplishments, experience, background, education, but also their leadership style and their ability to adapt and perform within your particular corporate culture.
To thoroughly understand your culture, each IT sales headhunter will use reliable psychometric tools and proven behavioral-based interview techniques. With our proven process, you will receive a short list of top candidates in just 2-4 weeks. We consider it our mission to successfully fill your position as quickly as possible, with most searches completed within 8 weeks; many are completed in 4-6 weeks.
Unique 25-Step Search Process
This is possibly the most important part of the search process. If we don’t understand exactly what you want in a candidate, then the results of the search are useless for both of us.
- Conduct complete needs analysis that will provide us with all pertinent information required to complete a professional search. Includes brainstorming on how to attract candidates from your top competitors.
- Build a profile of the ideal candidate against which to screen potential candidates. If desired, interview your top-performing employees as part of the profiling process. Prepare a typewritten document outlining the perfect profile and a plan of how to present the opportunity. Obtain your sign-off prior to initiating the search.
- Consult with you on industry compensation standards and construct a competitive compensation framework.
- Assemble the project team and begin marketplace research. Examine direct and indirect competitors and identify additional companies that may employ candidates possessing the skills you seek.
- Completely review and revise the list of targeted companies and obtain your sign-off prior to initiating them.
This is where our years of experience really begin to count. We have the unique ability to identify the best talent in your marketplace, which means the target candidate list we assemble will match your profile.
- Conduct in-depth candidate telephone interviews using behavioral based questions to ascertain three crucial qualifying factors:
* Do they have the appropriate background?
* Are they willing to change jobs for the right opportunity?
* Do their goals match yours?
- We can conduct face-to-face interviews of potential candidates or interview them for you via videoconferencing.
- Present you with a short list from our process of elimination.
- Submit resumes and detailed analysis from qualifying interviews with selected candidates.
Here’s where you determine if you have a match.
- Arrange first face-to-face or videoconference interviews with you.
- Prepare candidates for first interview, includes briefing on your goals and priorities.
- Prepare you for first interview with emphasis on candidate’s specific goals and aspirations.
- Debrief candidate to validate interest level and potential fit.
- Debrief you and present preliminary conclusions. Politely release any candidates you do not want to pursue.
- Provide results of in-depth reference checks.
- Arrange second interviews and discuss particular areas of concern.
- Post interview, debrief both you and the candidates.
Our years of dealing with sometimes delicate negotiations can help you avoid potential pitfalls. Our goal is a win-win result for you and your candidate.
- Verify earnings and negotiate a win-win compensation package.
- If desired, provide educational verification, credit history, motor vehicle records, drug testing and other background checks.
- Transmit verbal offer to candidate to help ensure acceptance.
- Consult with candidate and resolve resignation and counter offer issues.
- Confirm start date; obtain written confirmation from candidate.
With us it’s not over when it’s over. We have an extensive post search debriefing protocol to evaluate the search process and results.
- Remain in contact with you and candidate through start date and initial phases of employment.
- Conduct a conclusion interview with you to make sure the project was successfully completed to your satisfaction.
- If acceptable, ask you for a reference letter and permission to use your name for reference purposes.