We are looking for an exceptional sales leader that will report directly to our SVP of Strategic Sales. The Regional Vice President of Strategic Sales is responsible for leading a regional sales organization of Strategic Sales Directors focused on the two most critical initiatives within our client customer base, Keep and Grow. The Regional Vice President of Strategic Sales has overall responsibility of customer satisfaction, revenue growth and revenue retention of our existing customer base within the Eastern Region. An ability to manage a team focused on existing customers and capable of building strategic relationships, executing go to market strategies and increasing profitability is required.
You will work hand in hand with our customer partner organization and services teams to ensure the retention of our current customers as well as generate new business into these existing customer accounts. Your team will drive strategic, enterprise-wide social sales initiatives for our enterprise clients. You must be able to generate, forecast and manage sales activity and revenue achievement while creating satisfied customers that can be referenced in future sales cycles.
This is a team quota-carrying sales leadership role focused on building a world-class regional sales team helping us grow and retain our loyal customer base.
You must not only display the following capabilities but be able to lead a team to execute them.
- The ability to drive world class customer retention.
- Up-selling and leveraging business from new and established customer relationships
- Ability to sell at the C-Level across marketing, IT and business units
- Passion and commitment for customer success
- Strong technical aptitude
- Ability to sell both an application and the deployment of a platform
- A proven track record of driving and closing enterprise deals
- Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals w/ a strong W2 track record
- Strong time management skills
- Proven consultative sales solution skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value statement.
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Experience selling Software (Cloud/SaaS/On-demand/on-premise) or Social Enterprise solutions to strategic enterprise accounts
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
This role will be based in our Chicago office.
- Provides leadership and management to a regional team of Strategic Sales Directors.
- Works closely with our extended team to develop client retention and growth strategies that seamlessly engages all customer-facing aspects of the business
- Collaborates with VP of Customer Success and VP of Client Services to develop strategies that differentiate the customer experience and mitigate churn.
- Presents concepts, data, and strategies to Senior Leadership Team
- Understands and navigates the overall health of the Install Base
- Manages early identification of churn risk within the existing customer base
- Develops and executes revenue and customer churn prevention strategies
- Designs sales plays and strategies to up-sell and cross-sell new software and services into the account base.
- 5+ years in sales leadership position within a high-growth SAAS sales organization.
- A proven track record of leading teams selling social or enterprise marketing applications, CRM, ERP, or similar business applications to large, complex enterprise organizations
- Strong track record and history of carrying and exceeding a sales quota.
- Strong understanding of business practices, industry trends and competitors.
- Demonstrates passion and energy both externally with the customer and internally with cross functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Extensive experience in customer facing sales capacity in a high tech industry
- Sophisticated leadership experience creating dynamic customer retention and growth programs
- Demonstrated experience leading change initiatives
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrates passion and confidence to internal and external audiences
- Success building highly engaged world class teams
- Ability to collaborate across all departments necessary to deliver on corporate objectives
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week